We are one of the best.
Periodic eye and vision examinations are an important part of preventive health care. Many eye and vision problems have no obvious signs or symptoms. As a result, individuals are often unaware that problems exist. Early diagnosis and treatment of eye and vision problems are important for maintaining good vision and preventing vision loss.
A comprehensive eye and vision examinations include visual acuity, refraction, color vision, eye muscle movements, peripheral or side vision, the way your pupils responding to light and eye pressure. Visual acuity measurement evaluate how clearly each eye is seeing. As part of the testing, you are asked to reaf letters and near reading charts.
Refraction is conducted to determine the appropriate lens power needed to compensate for any refractive error (nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism). External examination of the eye includes evaluation of the cornea, eyelids, conjunctiva and surrounding eye tissue using bright light and magnification. Evaluation of the lens, retina and posterior section of the eye may be done through a dilated pupil to provide a better view of the internal structure of the eye.
A thorough examination and counseling for cataract is done with discussion on potential visual outcome and complication. Cataract is the clouding of the natural crystalline lens and typically occurs because of ageing and other reasons like prolonged use of steroid drugs, exposure to ultraviolet rays and associated health problems like diabetes and eye injuries.
Surgery is the only known effective treatment for cataract removal. All cataract surgeries are aimed at removal of the cloudy natural lens and replacing it with an Intra Ocular Lens (IOL). At the moment Phacoemulsification technique is performed (No stitch surgery) and a foldable IOL is inserted. The lens is inserted through a small 2.8 mm opening into the eye.
Oculoplastic surgery is the cosmetic, corrective, and reconstructive surgery of the eye. It manages and repairs problems primarily related to the tissues or structures surrounding the eye, rather than the eyeball itself. These structures include the eyelids, the tear ducts, and the orbit (bony socket surrounding the eye).
A wide variety of reconstructive procedures are conducted by the surgeon for improving the function, comfort and appearance of these structures.
The problems that we deal with are:
- Droopy Eyelids or Eyebrows (Ptosis): This occurs when the tiny muscle that lifts the eyelid becomes weak or slack, causing the upper eyelid to hang too low over the eye. People can be born with ptosis or acquire it later in life. It may impair the vision.
- Eyelid Malposition: Eyelids turning or out (Entropion/Ectopion).
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelift): It removes excess skin and fat in the upper eyelids and excess fat in the lower side.
- Tear Drainage - excessive tears: Some people complain of excessive watering due to tear duct or tear sac problems. In the normal course, the tears drain from the eye surface through the eyelids and into the nose. If this drainage is blocked, the tears appear on the cheek. To cure such condition a new pathway for the tears to drain into nose is crested, a surgery called DCR (Dacryocystorhinostomy).
- Skin Cancer of the Eyelid and Face: Eyelids and face are the most common locations for developing skin cancer. Excision of the cancer often combined with reconstruction is needed to treat the lesion and obtain a cure.
- Eye Orbital (Eye Socket): The ye socket contains eye muscles and eyeball itself. Sometimes, the eye socket might get affected due to injury, inflammation or some other reason. We deal with birth defects in orbit, orbital tumors and trauma as well as services for customized artificial eye (Ocularistry).
- Bulging Eyes (Exophthalmos): It may be because the eyeball is pushed forward. The eye may feel dry and the patient may have difficulty seeing and may have double vision. The most common cause of bulging eyes is Thyroid eye disease; a type of hyperthyroidism. This may also cause swelling and inflammation of the soft tissues around the eyes and the muscles that move the eyes and eyelids. Eyelid surgery to adjust the position of retracted lids can improve eyelid closure and restore eyelid function.
- Eye Loss (Anophthalmia): Loss of eye due to injury or infection. An eye loss is a very big jolt for a person. The oculoplastic surgeon would assist in removing the injured eye and then placing a prosthetic eye in place effectively to improve appearance.
- Facial Paralysis: Paralysis affecting the face is also treated.
- Blepharospasm: Excessive blinking or uncontrollable eye closure or twitches is treated with BOTOX injection.
Our optical shop offers a wide variety of frames and lenses to accommodate any lifestyle or budget. We utilize the newest technology and pride ourselves on the quality of products that we provide. We offer a broad range of contact lens services, including education on lens removal and insertion, as well as specialty services for those hard-to-fit cases. We offer a wide variety of contact lenses and to make it convenient for our patients.
Cosmetic procedures offer us a way to take an interest in the way we look and feel. With increased safety, reduced recovery time, and affordability, cosmetic surgery continues to be in demand. With today's healthy lifestyles, we feel better and live longer. Sun damage to skin, smiles and frown lines, crow's feet, droopy or baggy eyelids are all signs that time, stress, and environmental exposures have deprived us of a younger appearance. Blepharoplasty, this can be done for cosmetic reason but it sometimes performed for functional reasons.
When done for cosmetic reason, it is used to remove excess skin, and/or fat that makes the upper and lower lids puffy and to reduce wrinkling of the skin. Blepharoplasty will restore a youthful and refreshed look to the eyes as it will remove puffiness and bags.
As skin ages, it becomes thinner and less elastic. Though wrinkling is considered a neutral part of aging, certain habits like excessive sun exposure and smoking contribute to premature wrinkling of the skin. A variety of treatment like Botulinum toxin, filler injections can help improve the appearance of wrinkles. It is used to combat a lot of people in treating severe facial linens like crow's feet, forehead wrinkles and frown lines. The effects of BOTOX are visible after a week and last up to three to six months and varies per individual.
We are involved in philanthropic service like carrying out free cataract screening and referral to the poor and needy patients. At the community services we provide clinical eye services including refraction, eye health education, dispensing protective glasses and medicines to needy people. The health promotion and education activities increase eye care and general health awareness in general. Community Eye Care is always exploring the opportunities to serve the community, either through screenings, examinations or education. With help of senior citizens societies and working vision international the clinic is carrying such services in Kathmandu Valley. Community eye works at Tilganga Hospital is one of the strong activities of the organization and we do participate in the novel works regularly.
Book an appointment!
Trust us with your eyes. We provide only the best consultation and the best treatment to our patients.